Come, join us as we worship a holy and gracious God with reverence and joy!
|* Those who are able, please stand.||Download PDF liturgy|
ENTERING INTO WORSHIP
* Call to Worship: Psalm 15:1-5
* Invocation: Habakkuk 2:20
* Salutation: 1 Peter 1:1-2
* Opening Prayer
* Song of Praise: Who, O LORD, with Thee Abiding #20:1-3
CONFESSION OF SIN
Reading of the Law: 1 Peter 2:13-25
General Confession: (from Psalm 130)
Minister: Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
People: O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
M: If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
P: But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.
M: I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
P: My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning,
M: For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.
ALL: And he will redeem his people from all his iniquities.
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 25:1-3, 11-15
RESPONSE OF GRATITUDE
SERVICE OF THE WORD
* Scripture Lessons: Ecclesiastes 8:10-14 (text); Acts 10:34-43; Hebrews 10:26-31
* Gloria Patri
* Song of Preparation: How Blessed the Man Who Fears the LORD #223:1, 4-6
Sermon: FEAR GOD!
1. What It Means
2. What It Means to the Wicked
3. What It Means to the Righteous
LEAVING TO SERVE